
The Woman in Cabin 10 is a novel by Ruth Ware. For this project, I re-read the novel, noting character descriptions, then cast all of the roles based on physical likeness and required accents in addition to whether or not the actors and actresses typically played roles similar to what these would require.
The book follows a journalist named Laura Blacklock who scores a trip on the maiden voyage of a new luxury cruise liner. She witnesses what she believes is a murder in the next door cabin (number ten), but all passengers and crew are accounted for. No one was booked for Cabin 10.
Murder mysteries typically involve a lot of characters, so I knew from the beginning that this was the style of poster I hoped to make. The arrangement was a little bit more difficult once I finally gathered enough images of high enough quality to create a full-size film poster.

This poster is composed of 368 Photoshop layers. All of the highlights and catch lights in eyes, on chins, along hair, and so forth, were painted in manually. While the characters are shown in an abstract way, I wanted some consistency in lighting. This breakdown shows an overview of what goes into the process and how the layers are set up.

While re-reading the book, I noted the structure of the plot and ordering of events for use in conceptualizing a soundtrack, then designed an album and iTunes mock-up.
The complete set includes a film poster, soundtrack mock-up, DVD box, DVD case wrap, DVD disk, Blu-Ray box, Blu-Ray case wrap, Blu-Ray disk, and book cover. I actually then executed all of these items, including the boxes with a foiled finish like you see on DVD and Blu-Ray boxes by printing on silver using a white ink channel.



